Jis sayant nazar jaye, Mera Hind nazar aaye….
Ujaaley he ujaaley hon, Mera Hind jidhar jaye…
A very very happy republic day to all my fellow Indians.
Today, India celebrated its 66th Republic Day, displaying its unity in diversity. Mr. Barack Obama, the US President was the chief guest for the ceremony. India displayed its military’s might and cultural heritage among the people.
The day came up with new hopes of a dazzling future as it always does.
We all have complaints and demands. We question the government, the authorities for everything wrong that happens with and around us. Yes, the government is accountable but is it all the responsibility of the government… can’t we initiate?
“You must be the change you want to see in the World” – Mahatma Gandhi
I have used this famous quote time and again and will continue to do so till we really step up to our fundamental duties. Why is it so, that we are always anxious about our rights but not our duties?
So, from today try abiding by the following duties:
- to abide by the constitution and respect its ideal and institutions;
- to cherish and follow the noble ideals which inspired our national struggle for freedom;
- to uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India;
- to defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so;
- to promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic and regional diversities, to renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women;
- to value and preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture;
- to protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers, and wild-life and to have compassion for living creatures;
- to develop the scientific temper, humanism and the spirit of inquiry and reform;
- to safeguard public property and to abjure violence;
- To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity, so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavor and achievement.
- Who is a parent or guardian, to provide opportunities for education to his child or as the case may be, ward between the age of six and fourteen years.
So that we can proudly say….
“Saare jahan se achha Hindustan hamara
Hum bulbule hai iss ki yeh gulsitan hamara
Saare jahan se accha”
Feel proud that we are a part of the oldest culture of human race and live on the most pious 3287263 sq.km of earth. Feel proud to be an Indian…